Pizza is one of the most beloved foods in the world. However, it’s also one of the most unhealthy. With its high levels of fat, calories, and processed ingredients, pizza isn’t exactly a go-to food for health-conscious people. But what if there was a way to enjoy pizza without the guilt? Enter the raw vegan pizza world.
Raw vegan pizza is a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional pizza. Made with fresh, whole-food ingredients, it’s loaded with nutrients and flavor, without any of the unhealthy additives found in conventional pizza. And the best part? It’s easy to make at home.
In this ultimate guide to raw vegan pizza, we’ll explore everything you need to know about this delicious dish, including its health benefits, how to make it, and some tasty topping ideas. But before we dive into it, and if you are considering to switch to a more healthy/ conscious lifestyle, I highly invite you to check this the “Plant-Based Recipe Cookbook, that includes over 100 mouth-watering recipes for Everyone to Enjoy”!
The Health Benefits of Raw Vegan Pizza
Raw vegan pizza is more than just a tasty treat – it’s also packed with health benefits. Here are some of the top benefits of this delicious dish:
- Raw vegan pizza is loaded with nutrients. Because it’s made with fresh, whole-food ingredients, it’s rich in vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients that your body needs to thrive.
- Raw vegan pizza is low in calories. Unlike traditional pizza, which can be high in calories and fat, raw vegan pizza is a light and healthy option that won’t weigh you down.
- Raw vegan pizza is easy to digest. Because it’s made with raw, whole-food ingredients, your body can easily break it down and absorb the nutrients it contains.
- Raw vegan pizza is good for your gut. The fresh ingredients in raw vegan pizza are rich in fiber, which is essential for maintaining a healthy gut microbiome.
- Raw vegan pizza is a great source of protein. Raw vegan pizza toppings like nuts, seeds, and vegetables are all rich in protein, making this dish a great option for vegetarians and vegans.
The Raw Vegan Pizza Recipe – How to Make it ?
Now that you know the health benefits of raw vegan pizza, let’s dive into how to make it. Here’s what you’ll need:
- For the crust:
- 2 cups of raw almonds
- 1 cup of sunflower seeds
- 1 cup of flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1/2 cup of water
- For the sauce:
- 3 large ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- For the toppings:
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup of chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil
Instructions to make the raw vegan pizza crust:
- To make the crust, combine the almonds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, oregano, basil, and salt in a food processor. Process until the mixture is finely ground.
- Slowly add the water to the mixture while the processor is running, until the mixture forms a ball.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and knead it for a few minutes until it becomes smooth and pliable
- Flatten the dough into a round shape and place it on a dehydrator tray lined with parchment paper. Dehydrate the crust for 8-10 hours, or until it’s dry and crisp.
- To make the sauce, combine the ripe tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, basil leaves, garlic, and salt in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Spread the sauce over the crust, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Add your desired toppings, such as sliced bell peppers, mushrooms, red onion, and fresh basil.
- Place the pizza back in the dehydrator for 2-3 hours, or until the toppings are slightly softened.
- Slice and serve!
Tasty Raw Vegan Pizza Topping Ideas
One of the best things about raw vegan pizza is that you can customize it with your favorite toppings. Here are some tasty ideas to get you started:
- BBQ Chickpea: Top your pizza with BBQ sauce, chickpeas, red onion, and fresh cilantro.
- Margherita: Keep it classic with tomato sauce, fresh basil, and vegan mozzarella.
- Mediterranean: Add a taste of the Mediterranean with hummus, cherry tomatoes, olives, and red onion.
- Mexican: Spice things up with salsa, black beans, avocado, and jalapeno.
- Pesto: Swap out tomato sauce for homemade pesto and top with cherry tomatoes and vegan parmesan.
Raw Vegan Pizza FAQs
Q: Is raw vegan pizza healthy? A: Yes, raw vegan pizza is a healthy alternative to traditional pizza. It’s made with whole-food ingredients and is packed with nutrients.
Q: Can I use a regular oven to make raw vegan pizza? A: While it’s technically possible to make raw vegan pizza in a regular oven, it’s best to use a dehydrator to maintain the nutritional benefits of the raw ingredients.
Q: Can I freeze raw vegan pizza? A: Yes, you can freeze raw vegan pizza. Simply wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Raw vegan pizza is a delicious, healthy, and easy-to-make alternative to traditional pizza. Made with fresh, whole-food ingredients, it’s packed with nutrients and flavor. Whether you’re a seasoned vegan or just looking to incorporate more plant-based foods into your diet, raw vegan pizza is a tasty option that everyone can enjoy. So why not give it a try and see for yourself? You can also check these 7 superfoods for vegan atheletes.